- Liked a few, not all Review by Vapolith
So, I knew I liked Ry4, but wanted to try the other flavors.
Tried Freedom first and didn't finish it. Just tasted off to me, kind of a chemical taste.
I liked Country/Cowboy and 555, these were the most authentic tastes to me, though both tasted and smelled like unlit tobacco, and nothing like a burning cigarette, but they both have nice, not too sweet, organic taste, with 555 edging out Country/Cowboy by a smidge.
I was really hopeful about Desert Joe since so many seem to like it, but while I could tell what they were going for, it just fell flat for me. Didn't care for it, but at least finished it, unlike Freedom.
Overall Ry4 and 555 were my favorites, I already have some Ry4 juice, but just ordered some 555 too.
(Posted on 4/29/13)
- choces... Review by Kenneth
best way to try out the oils when starting... we thought lol but ugh most are quite nasty ugh
1. Cowboy - awful plastic sweet
2. Freedom - cigarillos of cheap side
3. Desert Joe - the most cigarette alike flavor
4. 555 - a better cigarillo yet a cigarillo
5. RY4 - second choice.. a bit too sweet tho
(Posted on 4/20/13)
- Awesome Review by Goob
I liked all of these, If I had to rank them it would be as follows.
1. ry4. just awesome, ready to order more. cant even describe it.
2. 555 - this one is great, smells like popcorn or something, tastes great.
3. desert joe - tastes like a cig but a little undertone, real smooth.
4. freedom - this one seemed to hit the hardest. tingled my throat like a menthol, cept it was citrus instead.
5. country - plain ole tobacco taste, not that its bad. I enjoyed it. after smoking for 15 years I am really enjoying the flavor variants on the others alot more. (Posted on 2/19/13)
- Overall a good mix of Tobacco flavors Review by Charlzrocks
1. Cowboy - mild tobacco with burnt rubber aftertaste.....fail
2. Freedom - mild tobacco reminded me of tru brand.....success!
3. Desert Joe - turkish blend taste, like the one with the hump.....success!
4. 555 - buttery with a nutty aftertaste.....good success!
5. RY4 - Carmel Coated Toffee Tobacco.....GREAT SUCCESS!!
(taste is subjective, your results may vary, I made my review prior to reading the others posted here) (Posted on 1/18/13)
- Great Flavors! Review by Michael
Reading the many reviews, I'd have to say taste is subjective (and can be altered by food/drink that you may have consumed immediately before vaping), but I'll offer my opinions anyway. :)
This was my first pack of cartos, and my introduction to vaping. I chose 6mg strength, and all five were pleasant with good flavor and fairly mild. I also bought this sampler in 12mg strength, but those tended to burn my throat a bit more. The 6mg is mild enough for me, and I was able to enjoy the flavor.
Desert Joe - My favorite. Mild, sweet/sharp flavor, like turkish tobacco. Kind of reminds me of leaves burning in Autumn.
555 - Mild. Buttery smell, but a sweet/nutty taste when vaped. Very nice, and my second favorite, but almost too mild.
RY4 - Lots of flavor. Tastes like caramel and vanilla. Sweet, like some sort of flavored tobacco. Very nice.
Freedom - Initially, I really liked it. Mild, but sweet tobacco. The flavor was hard to describe, but I liked the taste. I bought a bottle of liquid and pack of cartos in this flavor, but after a week of vaping a lot of it, I began to notice that it had a numbing effect on my tongue and throat like menthol. It's very mild, but it's there, and it's noticeable enough for me to not enjoy it anymore, as I dislike menthol. The cartos and liquid still smell nice though. :)
Cowboy - Fairly mild. Another flavor that was hard to describe. My wife said it smelled like beef jerky, and after she mentioned that, I had to agree.. kind of a smoky beef flavor? Not bad, but didn't care for it enough to buy more cartos or liquid. I would definitely vape it again from the sampler pack though.
Overall, I enjoy Desert Joe, 555 and RY4 the most, and ended up buying a bottle of liquid in each flavor. I'll definitely buy more of those in the future. (Posted on 9/12/12)
- Not tobacco, but not bad. Review by Brown
- I have only smoked 1 pack of cigarets in my life and only bummd a few from other (mostly marlboro) so maybe Im missing the taste here but from coming from a pipe these are not really a tobacco flavor in the sense of a strong tobacco in my opinion. I feel like for the most part they all taste the same. Nice throat hit and I did like the cowboy and the 555, just not what I expected, but not bad either. Like others have said in forums, tobacco is a hard flavor to nail, so I think these are good, just not right on. Try for yourself and find one you like, mine is the cowboy. (Posted on 9/5/12)
- Sweet/Smooth Sampler catomizers Review by Jim
Bought the smooth and sweet sampler cartomizers.
I liked them all. Flavor and vaping was awesome, When I was done with the cartomizers I wanted to refill them. To refill them at SI's 5 flavors would have cost me $69.75. I chose a place that gave me 5 bottles filled at 6mls for $9.99. Some of the flavors aren't exactly what I bought. But some were really close. SI's products are the best. I wish SI's had smaller bottles of refills. S I could of refill my cartomizers with the exact flavors at a lower price. Would be awesome!
(Posted on 7/26/12)
- Smooth Sampler Review by gothceltgirl
It is interesting how flavors can change and grow as one vapes. I was impressed by this aspect of vaping as a first-timer. I read so many descriptions of so-called "flavors" from many e-cig sites and had very low expectations of the intensity of all of these flavor varieties. I was pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong. I ordered the Smooth Sampler with my e-cig starter kit: Cowboy, Desert Joe, Freedom, RY4, & 555. My favorites out of all of these were Freedom, 555, and RY4, with Desert Joe being tolerable, respectively.
The Freedom for me was light and smooth, pleasant and mildly smoky with a slight, mild hint of fruitiness and very little aftertaste. I never got the other hints of popcorn or mint or other odd, imho, flavors that other reviewers have experienced, but thought it was an all-around great choice for general, frequent everyday kind of vape. Cowboy was strong and intense and had dark, smoky undertones to the flavor with an almost savory kind of bouquet or aftertaste, as it were. It was the only one that I would say I disliked. I recognized the Turkish aspect of Desert Joe right away, almost instantly upon my first use of this cartomizer. It grew on me as I used it. It had an exotic and slightly sweet undertone. The RY4 was the one which I was most looking forward to, but it was actually not as spectacular as I'd anticipated, it was indeed a slightly caramel-infused flavor as the description stated. But the overall effect was a bit disappointing as I am a big fan of caremel and thought that a caramel-esque flavor would be my most preferred option.
Overall these flavors were all intense, rich, and unique. A very good start to my first vaping experience. Since everyone's taste is so different it would be difficult to recommend. But if you're a person who takes more delight in sweetness, then 555, RY4, and even Desert Joe with its exotic smoky, sweetness are probably for you. Whereas, if you like a more traditional tobacco taste with more smoke and less sweetness, you should stick to Cowboy and Freedom. But as I've also seen and read, you can buy the refill liquids and blend them to your own tastes for an even more tailored type of flavor. (Posted on 7/18/12)
- A total surprise! Review by Glenn
- When I ordered my first volt e-cig kit I went for the fruit flavors. I didn't want anything with tobaco flavor at all because i wanted to get away from cigarettes. In my next order from SM I ordered two basic starter kits. One for my sister and one for her husband. For them I got this smooth sampler. I didn't think they'd want any fruit flavors. But when I visited them I had to taste what they got and to my surprise I really enjoyed the taste of these! Fruit flavors are fun for a while, but these I guess is what people call "all day vape". The taste is so subtle. In my next order i'm going to order a smooth e-juice. The question is which one... I really liked the Desert Joe. Hmmm... /Glenn from Sweden (Posted on 6/22/12)
- i only liked 2 out of the 5.. Review by zachary
Desert Joe was the best, its the closest taste I've found to a real cigarette! Reminds me of a marlboro ultra light or camel light, top if off with ice menthol and you've got your new all day vape. This will be my new all day vape!!! Will be ordering some of this very soon!!!
Ry4 came in 2nd. It has a Yummy caramel taste.. kind of reminds me of cracker jacks with a slight pipe tobacco taste.
555 was okay.. it reminded me of a really old cigar.. reminds me of back when i was smoking and I tried smoking a 20 year old schwisher sweet... Yuck!!!
Cowboy and freedom were about the same... I can't describe the taste.. but I know i didn't care for either of them.
(Posted on 5/21/12)